Dear ACVIM Diplomat,
Thank you for your interest in the ECEIM. Below you can find the steps what you need to do:
- Create a personal account on the ECEIM website. This must first be approved by the ECEIM administrator.
- Subsequently you must upload the following information as 1 document (PDF):
- A copy of your Diploma as Diplomat ACVIM.
- Proof that you may work in Europe.
- Proof that you actively work in Europe as a veterinarian/specialist and that you are active in the field of internal medicine.
- Proof of published articles, attendances to congress related to internal medicine.
- An explanation how you can positively contribute to the development of the ECEIM.
If you are accepted as a Dipl ECEIM:
- You must pay an annual due to the ECEIM (dues are visible in a personal diplomat account).
- Come to at least 2 ECEIM congresses and to 2 Annual General Meetings over 5 years.
- You must proof that you are active in the field and do a re-certification every 5 years (+pay the due for this).
You can find the information concerning a re-certification in the word-document in the attachment be found in a personal account on the ECEIM website that you must first create on the ECEIM website.
The Council of Europe currently consists of 47 member states: Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Germany, Austria, Cyprus, Switzerland, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Andorra, Latvia, Albania, Moldova, Ukraine, "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia", Russian Federation, Croatia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Monaco, Montenegro.