The ECEIM invites submission of research presentations in two formats:
- Oral presentations
- Poster presentations
Abstracts for oral presentations will be included in the main program and are limited to 12 minutes followed by 3 minutes' discussion.
What we will consider
Papers relating to recent research into any aspect of equine internal medicine will be considered. It is not allowed to submit abstracts on (parts) of research projects that have been previously published, or presented nationally or internationally prior to the ECEIM Congress 2020.
The submission of an abstract implies the author's willingness to present (oral or poster) the abstract at the Congress.
Both diplomates and residents are encouraged to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation. ECEIM residents are eligible for 'best oral presentation' and/or 'best poster presentation' award:
LUIS MONREAL AWARD 2020 for the best resident's presentation - SPEAKERS EXCHANGE with ACVIM
ECEIM and ACVIM-LA have agreed to exchange resident speakers for their annual meetings. The two best presenting residents (oral and/or poster) at this year's Annual ECEIM Congress will receive financial support to attend the 2021 ACVIM Forum. The support consists of a waived ACVIM congress registration fee and a lump sum of EU1300 per person to be used exclusively for the 2021 ACVIM Forum.
You must be officially enrolled in an ECEIM residency program at the time of abstract submission in order to be eligible for the award. A fraction of the abstract slots will be reserved for ECEIM residents unless these become vacant.
Submission deadline - NOW DEADLINE IS MOVED TO MAY 22nd, 23.59h.
All abstracts should be submitted online using this webform before May 22nd 2020, 23.59h. Time of submission applies: abstracts might be submitted after 23.59h but will not be considered. The previous deadline of 30th April has been moved forward to provide some extra time in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
FOR RESIDENTS: abstracts accepted for oral presentation will be suitable for inclusion in your credentials in this occasion.
Abstracts received will be peer-reviewed according to subject categories for scientific content, experimental design, animal welfare, and relevance to equine internal medicine. Decision on acceptance will be notified before July 30th 2020.
Important abstract requirements
- Abstracts should be submitted online before May 22nd 2020 using this webform.
- You may submit as many abstracts as you like.
- Abstracts will be printed and published as they are submitted. Abstract title will be subject to a spell check if the abstract is selected for presentation. The scientific committee might request clarifications or changes to be made to the abstract.
- All selected abstracts (oral presentations and posters) will be published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (online version only). Abstracts will also be published in the proceedings of the ECEIM congress.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors consent to publication.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts must register for the Congress by the early-bird deadline and attend the congress to present their abstract.
- Presenters who are unable to attend the congress should arrange another person to present the paper, and notify the organizing committee. If this is not possible the abstract is likely to be rejected.