We require a full-time specialist in Equine Internal Medicine to join the Cambridge Equine Hospital team in the Queen’s Veterinary School Hospital. The appointment will be as a Clinical Teaching Lead or a Clinical Teaching Associate dependent upon experience. Further details on both roles can be found in the further particulars.
You will take responsibility for practical and didactic teaching of clinical veterinary students, training and mentorship of junior clinicians, and for the further development of the referral internal medicine caseload in the hospital. There will be opportunities to undertake relevant clinical research, if desired.
You will have completed an ECEIM or ACVIM recognised residency in Equine Internal Medicine and:
- Have a veterinary degree registerable with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Have obtained or be eligible to sit the examination for the Diploma of the ECEIM or ACVIM
- Have documented clinical veterinary student and intern teaching experience
You should also have:
- An understanding of the requirements of equine hospital work
- Sensitivity to the differing needs and career directions of co-workers and students
- Enthusiasm for their subject and good interpersonal and teaching skills in order to impart their skills and knowledge to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
Clinical research interest and/or experience is not a requirement for the role, but will be encouraged and supported if desired.
For further information and to apply please do so via https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/43668/