Joint autumn meeting of the VCS and BEVA
Please allow me to advertise this year's two-day autumn meeting of the Veterinary Cardiovascular Society
Friday-Saturday November 12th-13th
that will be followed by the BEVA Interactive Cardiology Workshop
Friday November 19th.
The joint meetings in 2015, 2017 and 2019 were highly successful and well received by all participants, and I am sure this upcoming BEVA/VCS meeting will be, too!
This year's meeting will differ from the previous ones: Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19 and its impact on overseas speakers, the two meetings will not be held back-to-back but instead will be held one week apart.
- The VCS meeting will take place as a hybrid meeting (face-to-face and online) which will be hosted at Chesford Grange Hotel, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, UK. There will be live-streaming of the meeting for those delegates who are unable to attend in person.
- The BEVA workshop is held as an online-only course. This year only, attendance in person will not be possible.
We are excited to welcome both local and international speakers for this event. As usually, some comparative aspects between equine, small animal and human cardiology will be covered.
- The program of the VCS meeting is varied this year, covering endocarditis and myocarditis (with particular reference to SARS CoV-2 infection), with a range of other cardiac topics and interactive discussions around cases of acquired heart disease and echocardiographic techniques.
More information is available at www.vet-cardio.co.uk/meetings
- The morning session of the BEVA workshop will focus on systemic disorders affecting the heart, echocardiography in a critical care setting and interactive discussions on how to improve image quality. In the afternoon, the focus will shift to cardiac therapeutics, sedation and anesthesia in horses with heart disease, and electrocardiography. The course will be concluded with current research updates.
More information is available at www.beva.org.uk/Education/CPD/Event-Details/eventDateId/1573
- Note that you will have to register for both the VCS meeting and the BEVA workshop separately.
- Registration for VCS will open soon.
- BEVA registration is open already.
- All BEVA members will be able to register for 1 or 2 days of the VCS autumn meeting for the same rate as the VCS members.
- Conversely, VCS members can register for the BEVA interactive workshop at the BEVA member rate.
Please note: You need to call the BEVA office to explain that you are a VCS member, do not try to register via the BEVA website!
ECEIM or ACVIM diplomates can join VCS for £25.00 and register for both meetings at the respective members' rate.
Hope to see you at the two meetings!
Prof. Dr. med. vet., PhD
Dipl. ACVIM & ECEIM
Department Chair, Equine Department
Director, Clinic for Equine Internal Medicine
Swiss Equine Cardiology Consulting (SECC)
Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 260 (TFA 10.49)